Search this blog

Archives

  •     

Hey. So let me add to my previous post something about my Semester project: Freewriting exercise. It's also called the stream-of-consciousness writing. Basically, the concept revolves round free association, a term for describing the full expression of the unconscious self regardless of how trivial or embarrassing the things you say are. This is one way to discover what is it that ails you, or motivates you, and all the other private feelings you have. And I want to apply that until by the end of the semester.

Freewriting is really just about writing words and letters without any requirement of proper grammar, punctuations, and all that stuff. You just let the pen move to whatever words you perceive at that moment. Write out within a certain time limit, or simply set a specific paper size to fill out completely. Do this for a certain timeframe, and you can pick up the pieces together to discover what are those conflicts between the selfish deed and the selfless superego.

Anyway, getting away from psychology here for a while, I've settled down into my new apartment. It is so darn cold tonight and I am exhausted throughout these past two days of moving about all day long with all my stuff. Oh boy, what I really need is a full-body massage right now.

However, on a very surprising note here, I received a dozen red roses from an anonymous person, which I usually would giddy up and play guessing games in my head like I used to back in high school and all stuff dealing with the boys and the birds and bees. But darn, San Francisco's weather is getting worse by the minute since the night before Valentine's, which was on February 13.

The Weather Channel reports its 10-day predictions with winds and showers. And it looks like my energy went along with it; or maybe it was just the whole thing about moving out and switching myself into a new environment (a much better one, definitely, than downtown San Francisco, right here in Japantown). So I had a pretty hard time giving my usual full attention during class lectures and function the best that I could generally. Seriously, right now I feel my whole body's heating up and all I want to do is just hibernate beneath these five layers of blankets and just completely shut off my consciousness and then collapse on my bed into a dreamy sleep.

Going into dreams here, I still cannot believe the fact that I received those roses, because they're too beautiful for me to take good care of. I myself find it hard to put down how it looks like into words (My camera is somewhere inside the mountains of cardboard boxes in my room right now; I have no energy to unpack everything yet).

There's also an anonymous text message I received that said I only met the sender once, and he apologized for thinking I am a Japanese, because I am a Chinese, and the Chinese had a bad history with the Japanese during the warring times, and then so on and so forth. Which is pretty weird.

When asked what's the favorite Valentine's day movie people do like, most would answer The Notebook, which is also my all-time go-to movie to go dreaming about my mystery guy who would be my future husband. But a classmate got a weird response for our class interview project, where the spokesperson claims that his favorite Valentine's day movie is Elf.

Anyway, the celebration of love and dreams is over now.  I'll be getting a haircut soon. That short bob that I mentioned some time ago.

Actually, I've set up an appointment with my hairdresser today, immediately I got off the bus from school. I wasn't prepared; I didn't plan to cut it tomorrow. I didn't think of all this. I am merely exhausted, and the tiredness just pushed me to where I should be right now: Feel lighter, feel better. And that is, literally, by chopping off my hair, get my butt on the Stairmaster, and getting a deep, full-body massage, and spending all day pampering myself at the spa.

Seriously, I haven't felt this tired in years!



Leave a Reply