Search this blog

Archives

  •     

OK. I got a confession to make. I have a girl crush, like with other celebrity crushes I have. And that's with Japanese model/actress/singer Yamada Yu 山田優.

I mean, I've been her fan since I was a kid, flipping through the pages of CanCam. And now she's moved on to GINGER. Watching her practical fashion style for so many years, I was delighted to watch her blooming acting career, and actually, she has a nice voice when singing too. But I thought she did better with her acting, just because she can portray a variety of distinct characters.
Her most recent TV appearance was on Gakeppuchi no Eri 崖っぷちのエリー, where she got her first lead role as the main character, Eriko, an innocent child in pursuit of a debt-free life. In previous drama series that I've watched, including Seigi no Mikata 正義の味方, Mei-chan no Shitsuji メイちゃんの執事, and a minor role in Gokusen 3 ごくせん III, she portrays more or less of the following: power, wealth, fame, and beauty - and Eriko is the complete opposite of all that. In reality, though, this talented actress is nothing like all that.
GINGER's 1st anniversary fashion show
on OneAsianWorld.com

You can see how her ever-changing roles actually made her real-life personality shine. In Spring 2008, she caught the heart of one of my many boy crushes, Oguri Shun 小栗旬, who is best known for his role as Hanazawa Rui in Hana Yori Dango 花より男子. They've been dating ever since, although there's a lot of rumors going about Shun Oguri cheating on her, following a scoop published on FRIDAY magazine early November last year. Ah, men, especially good-looking ones... You can't help but see that coming.

Hunky Shun Oguri
The Okinawa-born model, now 26, declared that she wants to get married by 28. Living with boyfriend Oguri shortly after dating for five months, they were rumored to get married in July last year. But after Oguri's story broke, she reportedly left Japan to spend some time in America. We see her first public appearance in a promotion event of Disney's TRON: Legacy in Yokohama, where she shrugged off probing questions journalists asked her about how her relationship is doing, declining to answer, and smiling.

Let's respect her quite a bit, shall we? I adored her for holding on to her wedding dreams like every little girl does. I love her even more when she chopped off her locks, marking the end of her CanCam days. Like many other celeb's new short cuts I love, hers is one of the most versatile - and what I meant by that is low-maintenance.

My cut three months ago have grown so fast, right now my hair's hanging all over my shoulders again. These recent weeks I've spent a lot of time browsing through the next cut, where I know I won't want to spend so much time curling my ends so that it's bobby enough. Just a simple, get-out-of-the-bed head that matches every outfit is what I'm looking for. That's why I went for Yamada Yu.

Roberto Cavalli - 40th Anniversary Gala dinner, Paris 
Roberto Cavalli - Front Row:
Milan Fashion week, Womenswear, S/S 2011

Well, not exactly this one, as it's not everyday that you see a T-shirt-and-jeans-wearing woman walking down the street, putting on this hairstyle (though I personally love her fashion style; it's the kind I wear to parties too =D). I was eyeing on her bob and long bangs, yes, the cute, androgynous haircut that I placed in the beginning of this post.

Shu Uemura ad

Shu Uemura campaign
It's pretty short, so I'm preparing myself mentally and physically for this cut (You know how emotional a girl can get following a haircut...) As soon as I chopped it all off, I'll post a picture up!



Leave a Reply